Join REAL MARYLAND F.C. of the United Soccer Leagues!
This section is your source to learn about current Real Maryland F.C. jobs and internship opportunities and game day volunteer programs. Read below to find out more information about these Real Maryland F.C. offerings.
In order to accommodate a broad array of candidates' interests, Real Maryland F.C. offers internships in all facets of our organization. A Real Maryland F.C. internship presents a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the daily operation of a U.S. professional soccer team. To help us start a tradition of success Real Maryland F.C. is looking for interested and qualified candidates to serve as interns and assist in its day-to-day operation.
All Real Maryland F.C. internships are unpaid and do not provide an intern with any living accommodations. To help support certain needs of candidates, both part-time and full-time internships are available.
• Sponsorship: - This position will work closely on relationships involving Real Maryland F.C.’s Official Sponsors. Responsibilities may include: organization of sponsored elements, facilitation of game day programs and half-time events, and production of event & game summaries. Candidates should have a full time commitment and a flexible schedule as many events fall on weekends.
• Grassroots: - This internship will include a chance to experience the different facets of grassroots marketing for a professional soccer team. Duties include general fulfillment of the Youth Fan Club, assistance with merchandising, and planning, staffing, and attending marketing events throughout the community. Weekend availability is preferred but hours will be determined on an individual basis with some flexibility.
• Promotions: - This position will work closely with the Marketing Coordinator on a variety of promotional activities with a special focus on event management. Responsibilities may include assistance in advertising and promotions development, work with the team's media partnerships, and coordination of pre-game Soccer Celebration interactive area.
• Account Manager: - This position works closely with the Graphic Designer and Marketing Coordinator to manage all in-house graphic projects. Responsibilities include managing design projects throughout the office, coordinating with the Graphic Designer on project details and scope of project, and gathering project specifics in order to keep workflow up to speed. Successful candidates are motivated and take initiative to gain needed materials/specifics. Must be detail oriented and organized. Love of soccer a plus.
Team Operations/Logistics - Intern will be responsible for day-to-day duties revolving around the team, Stadium, and events throughout Maryland. Specific tasks will include the facilitating of various team activities such as training sessions, logistical preparation and management of stadium for all home games, storage movement, office maintenance, and various event management duties. The intern will work directly with the Real Maryland F.C. General Managers. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and be very detail oriented. Candidates should also be able to perform physical labor duties on a daily basis.
Match Production - Intern will be responsible for all in-house game day production preparation including creating the PA script and timelines for all Real Maryland F.C. home games. Responsibilities also include coordinating meetings for all departments involved with game day activities. The intern will work directly with the Real Maryland F.C. General Manager, Real Maryland F.C. game day producer, production crew, and both English and Spanish PA announcers. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and be very detail oriented.
Volunteer/Hospitality Program - Intern will be responsible for assisting with the Real Maryland F.C. volunteer program. Duties include interviewing new applicants, scheduling duties for all home games, managing the incentive program, and facilitating the needs of all volunteers. The intern will also be responsible for assisting with hospitality scheduling for all home games. Various other duties include managing the credential program. The intern will work directly with the Real Maryland F.C. General Manager and the Real Maryland F.C. Volunteer & Hospitality Coordinator. Candidates should have strong organizational skills and be very detail oriented. Prior experience with customer service and people management is recommended.
Ticket Services Coordinator Intern
Real Maryland F.C. is looking for an experienced ticketing person to assist in all issues related to ticket operations for the team. This person will serve both as an assistant to the Box Office Manager as well as a Coordinator with the Customer Service department on ticketing related matters. Summary of Duties:
- Processing season ticket, individual ticket and group orders on a daily basis
- Run ticket reports as needed to assist sales department in daily sales calls
- Provide quality customer service when dealing with customer fan base via phone, e-mail or written correspondence
- Assist Customer Service department in all mailings of ticket packages, merchandise items, and materials related to ticket sales
- Work on game days in the stadium box office assisting customer service and box office personnel
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Ideal Candidate: Student specializing in Sports Management or related field. Some related experience in ticketed events - sports or otherwise, is helpful but not required; Candidate must be highly motivated, detail oriented, and have the ability to multi-task. Ability to relate to customers in all methods of contact (mail, phone, e-mail, in person) Candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
Community Relations Intern
The Community & Fan Relations intern will assist Real Maryland F.C.’s Community & Fan Relations department with various community outreach initiatives. Regular intern duties may include coordinating various community programs. A candidate for this internship should be a self-starter, an independent worker, trustworthy and organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Real Maryland F.C.’s Sales interns will have an opportunity to learn about one of the most pivotal aspects of a professional sports team's front office - ticket sales. The candidate should possess a strong business concentration with an added interest in marketing. He/she should possess excellent interpersonal skills and be enthusiastic towards soccer and the sports industry. He/she should also be self-motivated, competitive, and have a willingness to both learn, and adapt. A sales intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Preparing sales presentations
- Conducting face to face business meetings
- Writing follow up letters
- Developing specific ticketing strategies for specific markets
- Developing mail campaigns
- Creating promotional materials targeted at specific groups
- Coordinating/cooperating with other departments such as PR, marketing and advertising in order to maximize ticket sales
- Setting up, managing and representing Real Maryland F.C. at youth soccer and corporate trade shows
Real Maryland F.C. Communications Interns will assist with all aspects of the department's activities and responsibilities. Interns may assist with:
- Production of the team's media guide
- Writing articles for the website and other team publications
- Organization of team and player photos
- Statistical analysis and record keeping
- Game day preparation and activities
- Press Releases
- Management of press clippings
- Response to media requests
The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. Evaluation of candidates is based on two primary elements: writing ability and knowledge of soccer and USL. Those with strong knowledge of soccer are encouraged to apply. Applications should include a writing sample.
Hispanic Communications Intern
- Written and oral fluency in Spanish
- Journalism and Communications background preferred
- Soccer (Futbol) knowledge- International and Latin American Football
- Writing samples in English and Spanish are helpful
- Ability to translate content from English to Spanish and vice versa
- Possess interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Produce content for the Spanish section of the website
Equipment Manager Intern
We are looking for an individual interested in the behind-the-scenes aspects, specifically equipment management, of a professional soccer team. This person will report to the Head Equipment Manager. This intern will also have daily interaction with players, coaches, and other members of the technical staff.
Primary responsibilities include field and locker room setup, preparation, and breakdown. Laundering of training gear on a daily basis and game gear when applicable. Will also gain valuable experience with vital tasks such as inventory control, equipment organization, packing equipment for road trips, and distribution of equipment to players and coaches.
As with most professional sports jobs, there is no set schedule, availability could be necessary for both days/nights and weekdays/weekends.
Organize and catalog inventory of match tapes or DVD's. Maintain throughout the year on-going collection of all USL matches. Create an organized and reliable labeling system.
Receive delegated tasks at any time involving team travel, new player and trial players lodging and transportation, (note: intern must have a car and a working knowledge of the Maryland area. - we should plan to reimburse for mileage) player call-up. Be available to assist with tasks in the office when the team is away on any trip. Assisting with logistical planning and game day operations.
Athletic Training Intern
Certified ATC's, recent college graduates, or students entering their senior year of an accredited athletic training program. CSCS a plus! All accepted interns are on a 2-week trial period to assure compatibility to Real Maryland F.C.’s team and technical staff.
Interns will learn mostly through practical experience. Responsibilities include:
- Set up and clean up of training room
- Daily coverage during practices and games
- Daily log of medical treatment and injury reporting
- Design and implement rehab protocols
- Design and implement weight room workouts
- Filing workmen's compensation insurance
- Inventory and ordering supplies